Hopi Ear Candling
Hopi Ear Candling is a gentle relaxing, non-invasive soothing treatment which can offer relief to any problems in the ear, nose, sinus, throat areas and headaches. It also calms the mind to combat stress and deeply relaxes all of your senses.
Hopi ear candles are hollow tubes made from natural ingredients of organically grown flax, honey extracts, sage and chamomile.
Hopi Ear Candling is a pleasant, relaxing and non-invasive treatment to enhance the state of health to the ear, nose, throat and sinus.
The benefits and effects of a Hopi Ear Candling
Hopi Ear candling works on both physical and psychological levels and is a cleansing programme for the whole body, not just the ears.
- Stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage to the head and neck helping to eliminate waste material from the body.
- Improves blood flow to the head and neck, increasing distribution of oxygen and nutrients to nourish the tissues and encourage healing.
It has been known to be effective in:
- Alleviating headaches and migraines
- Improving symptoms of tinnitus
- Reducing symptoms of hay fever and rhinitis
- Relieving sinus congestion
- Relieving pain/pressure when flying or scuba diving
- Relieving colds, flu, sore throats by clearing congestion in the ear and throat
- Improving hearing by softening and loosening ear wax
- Alleviating earache by reducing inflammation of the ear canal
- Helping problems with snoring by easing congestion of the upper respiratory airways
- Reducing the symptoms of Meniere’s disease and vertigo
- Revitalises the whole body
- Relaxes and soothes and so reduces stress and anxiety
- Rebalances energy flow to the body
- Helps clearer thinking by increasing alertness and concentration
How does a Hopi Ear Candling treatment actually work?
When the candle is burning, a light suction action is created, this is known as the “chimney effect” and the movement of the flame creates a vibration of air in the candle which generates a massage-like effect on the eardrum. This has an effect of regulating ear pressure. The warmth of the flow stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic systems and increases immune defence.
What happens during a treatment?
During a Hopi Ear Candling treatment you will be placed in a comfortable position on your side with your head supported by a pillow. The Hopi candle will be gently placed just inside the ear and lit; therapist’s hands are placed lightly over the ear to steady the candle. You may hear a slight crackling noise as the Hopi ear candle burns and you may, also, feel a pleasant warmth around the ear, head and neck area.
Each candle takes about 10-12 minutes to burn, the candle is only allowed to burn within 4 inches of the end of the candle and has a plug inside to prevent anything going into the ear. After both ears have been treated a gentle facial massage, including lymphatic drainage, is carried out, paying particular attention to the sinus areas.
How does the treatment feel?
Hopi Ear Candling is very gentle and feels wonderfully relaxing, warming and soothing. You may feel gentle warmth and a “wave-like” sound in your ears. It does not hurt and many clients fall asleep during the treatment.
Why not to add back, neck & shoulders massage for pure 1 hr relaxation?
(note: once you click on back, neck & shoulders massage, it has to refer to the description of this treatment)
Hopi Ear Candling + Back, Neck & Shoulders Massage Package: