Radio Frequency Skin Tightening
Radio-frequency skin tightening is an aesthetic technique that uses radio frequency (RF) energy to heat tissue and stimulate subdermal collagen production in order to reduce the appearance of fine lines and loose skin. The technique induces tissue remodelling and production of new collagen and elastin. The process provides an alternative to facelift and other cosmetic surgeries. RF treatment also causes apoptosis of fat cells, which leads to fat layer reduction in the treated area.
By manipulating skin cooling during treatment, RF can also be used for heating and reduction of fat and cellulite. Currently, the most common uses of RF-based devices are to noninvasively manage and treat skin tightening of lax skin (including sagging jowls, abdomen, thighs and arms), as well as wrinkle reduction, cellulite improvement and body contouring.
What are the benefits of Radio Frequency?
- A course of Radio Frequency (RF) treatments will help to lift, firm and tighten skin. All without the cost and pain of cosmetic procedures promising similar results
- Stimulates the skin’s own ability to produce collagen and elastin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves cellulite and body contours
- Reduces fat layer in the treated area
- Non-invasively manages and treats skin tightening of lax skin (including sagging jowls, abdomen, thighs, and arms)
What happens during the treatment?
Patients feel a gentle warmth on the surface of your skin. This is caused by the energy in the dermis of your skin stimulating collagen. The same energy simultaneously and selectively heats fat cells, causing them to shrink and release fatty acids. These are disposed of naturally via the blood and lymphatic system.
Here at Norman & Philip we only use genuine Dermalogica, Genosys and Silhouette Dermalift skin care products.
When combining Radio Frequency Facial with chemical peel you are able to advance the outcome of your results.
You can choose to end your Radio Frequency session with LED light therapy to further enhance results (if performed on the face).
The treatment is normally completed in 30-60 minutes depending on the area treated.
Is there any downtime involved?
Because this powerful treatment is surprisingly pleasant, there is no downtime.
Although the client should have no immediate after effects and can return to normal activities, they should look after the treated skin in the following way:
- Do not go in direct sunlight for 24-48 hours after the treatment
- Use SPF sun cream factor 30+ to protect the skin from UV rays
- Make-up can be applied within 8 hours
- Moisturize the skin frequently
- For 24-48 hours avoid very high temperatures including sauna, sunbed, hot baths or showers- use tepid water & pat dry without rubbing the skin
- A collagen mask at night can enhance the reduction of fine lines
How many treatments are recommended?
The length of procedure courses varies depending on the targeted area, but a course of 6-10 weekly treatments (5 weekly treatments for body contouring) is usually required with occasional maintenance. These will be discussed fully with you during your consultation.
How much does it cost?
RF- Radio Frequency causes fat, cellulite reduction and skin tightening in the treated area.
|Treatment||1 treatment||6 treatments||10 treatments|
|Face tightening||£60||£300 (save £60)||£510 (save £90)|
|Neck tightening||£50||£250 (save £50)||£420 (save £80)|
|Face & neck tightening||£70||£350 (save £70)||£600 (save £100)|
|Face tightening + LED light therapy||£70||£350 (save £70)||£600 (save £100)|
|Face tightening + chemical peel||£70||£350 (save £70)||£600 (save £100)|
Buy a course of 6 treatments and receive the 6th session for FREE
Buy a course of 10 treatments and save up to £100