Plasma Fibroblast is one of the only non-surgical, non-invasive cosmetic procedures in the industry that uses plasma fibroblasts to instantly SHRINK, TIGHTEN and ELIMINATE LOOSE and EXCESS SKIN.
- Plasma skin tightening is a non-surgical skin tightening procedure in which plasma is used to heat and tighten the skin.
- The results of a plasma skin treatment are permanent, although the skin will continue to age.
- Plasma skin tightening can decrease skin laxity on any part of the body.
- There are minimal side effects and complications following plasma skin tightening, although recovery may take up to 1 week.
HOW DOES PLASMA FIBROBLAST WORK?
The device that is used is FDA approved and a precisely accurate hand held device that works by utilising the voltage in the air between its tip and the natural gasses emitted from our skin, to form a plasma charge (hence the name plasma skin tightening).
A small electrical charge is created and instantly shrinks the targeted skin. The skin tissue immediately tightens giving you, youthful looking skin.
These treatments are extremely low risk and hold a minimal recovery time of 4-7 days. The best part is, treatments can be performed in as little as in 30 minutes and are drastically cheaper than any surgical procedure with the guarantee of a similar result if not better and results lasting for up to 2 years.
WHAT AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
🔷 Non-surgical blepharoplasty – skin tightening of saggy upper and lower eyelids
🔷 Unwanted wrinkles on face – frown lines, crow’s feet, smoker’s lines, neck lines etc.
🔷 Scarring including stretch marks, acne scars and post-surgical scars
🔷 loose skin for “Mummy tummies”
AM I A RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR THE TREATMENT?
- You should be in good health at the time of the appointment, with no pre-existing health conditions. Signs of the cold and flu will result in rescheduling your appointment.
- Your skin should not be swollen or inflamed on or around the treatment area.
- If your skin in prone to keloid scars, this treatment should be avoided.
- Diabetes, healing disorders or lymphatic draining issues should not undergo the treatment.
- Sunburn or sun tanning should be avoided. Please avoid tanning 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Clients with Hyper-pigmentation / Hypo-pigmentation are not ideal candidates.
- Treatment cannot be performed if Herpes simplex (cold sores when working in the lip area) is active. It is recommended you consult with their medical doctor and begin taking doctor’s prescribed medication 3 days prior to treatment and 4 days following treatment.
- Treatment cannot be performed if client wears a pacemaker.
- Treatment must be avoided if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you wear eyelash extensions, they must be removed prior to treatment if working on eye area.
- This treatment is only recommended on Fitzpatrick Scale I-III. Please see diagram below.
Fibroblast treatment is not advised for those with very dark skin. This is because there is a higher risk of hyperpigmentation (dark spots) or hypopigmentation (light spots) following the treatment.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE TREATMENT DAY?
Please come to your appointment with freshly cleansed skin, that’s it! You may take an antihistamine 1 hour prior to your appointment, this can help with swelling. You can continue to take an antihistamine for 2-3 days following your appointment.
Please avoid alcohol 24 hours prior to your appointment.
A numbing cream is applied to the treatment area for 20-30 minutes to help with any discomfort. Once the treatment area is numb, your Fibroblasting session will begin. You may feel some heat in the treatment area, which may be uncomfortable and slightly irritating. Treatment time can take anywhere from 10-40 minutes, depending on the size of the area being treated.
Immediately after treatment, the treated area may be red and mildly swollen with small carbon crusts (polka dots). It is common to experience a sensation similar to a sunburn which will likely last a few hours. Swelling may increase over the following few hours after treatment and may continue to do so when treating the eye area and may last 2-3 days thereafter. The carbon crusts will lift and fall off within 7-10 days depending on the individual and the area treated. Results gradually improve over the course of the following 8 weeks.
Following your treatment, you will be given aftercare instructions to ensure that you see the best results. It is important to follow these instructions. In the week following treatment (or until the treatment area has fully healed), an exfoliating wash or cleanser should not be used.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE TREATMENT?
Immediately after the treatment, there may be a burning sensation. This will usually resolve during the remainder of the day although if it is particularly uncomfortable or persists for a longer period, then an anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen can be taken. Swelling is common. This can be significant around the eyes and can last for several days and may lead to interference with vision in the initial period. Anti-inflammatory medication and/or anti-histamine may help alleviate the swelling. Crusting will usually develop over the treated area; this will often initially be brown or black on the surface of the skin and flake off over the following 7-10 days. To maximise the effects of your Fibroblast treatment, we advise to keep the crusts/discoloration intact for 5-7 days and not rub them off immediately. Keep the treated area clean, away from excessive moisture and protected using a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Mineral make-up may be applied from the third day of the treatment onwards. Avoid exposing the area to extremes of heat or cold until it has healed.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
It will vary as each individual is different. Some things that are taken into consideration, is age of the client, your skin’s elasticity, how your skin responds to the procedure, as well as the desired correction to the area.
Most clients will instantly see results and will continue to do so for the following 8 weeks. Further treatments can possibly be done to get better results; however, it is highly uncommon to need more than two treatments
“Ageing is for people who don’t know any better”