High Frequency Facial
The high frequency facial is used to treat and prevent stubborn acne, shrink enlarged pores, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, decongest puffy eyes, fade dark eye circles.
Considered a timeless and essential skin rejuvenating treatment in the skin care industry, high frequency stimulates cell renewal and assists with improved skin care product penetration and absorption by gently warming the tissues of the skin.
What are the benefits of High Frequency Facial?
- An improvement in acne. Sometimes the body can become immune to certain acne medications if used over an extended period of time. When combined with an effective acne treatment lotion, regular application of high frequency keeps the acne away long after other expensive medications and treatments can fail. High frequency gently cleanses the skin of acne-causing bacteria and unwanted toxins while making the skin more receptive to acne lotions, creams and other skin treatment products.
- A reduction in enlarged pores and blackheads. With regular use, high frequency facials can be quite effective at reducing the size of enlarged pores, softening skin, controlling excess sebum production and eliminating the occurrence of blackheads. The gentle spray of oxygen molecules produced by the high frequency current, diminishes enlarged pores by penetrating deep down into the root of the affected area and cleaning out unwanted debris and toxins, allowing the pore to quickly regain its natural size once.
- A Softening of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. The oscillating action of high frequency can increase blood circulation, which in turn nourishes the skin’s surface and renews underlying cells. It also produces an enriched form of oxygen, which can provide the skin with a firm, youthful, vibrant glow. It can diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, tighten double chins and jowls and improve overall skin texture and tone by promoting increased collagen production.
- A reduction in eye puffiness. The pulsating “oxygenation” action produced by high frequency current aids in lymphatic drainage and disperses excess fluid while increasing blood circulation. The result is a reduction in the appearance of congested, tired, puffy eyes. High frequency also helps the skin more efficiently absorb skin care products thereby extending their effectiveness.
- A fading of dark eye circles. New scientific research has shown the cause of severe dark eye circles to be broken capillaries that have leaked haemoglobin, creating a red-blue pigment deposit under the eyes. High frequency creates a circulation rush in the area and helps your current under eye product penetrate deeper into the skin tissue. The application of high frequency can be very effective at fading dark under eye circles resulting in a fresher, brighter, more youthful looking appearance.
How does the High Frequency Facial work?
High frequency facial machines work in conjunction with high frequency electrodes which are made of clear tempered glass and come in a variety of different shapes and sizes to facilitate the treatment of various contours of the face and body. When the high frequency electrode is firmly inserted into the high frequency hand piece, a gentle alternating electrical current is generated by the high frequency machine, which then passes through the attached glass electrode upon contact with the skin. This contact ignites the inert gas within the electrode which produces healing electrical light energy and unstable oxygen which instantly converts into purifying ozone. In other words, when mixed with the air outside of the electrode, the electrical current infuses the skin with rejuvenating oxygen molecules and a therapeutic zapping or tingling sensation is experienced.
In treating aging skin, high frequency current firms and tones by causing an immediate circulation rush to the skin in addition to subtle tissue warming. These functions cause a very safe and natural contraction of the underlying blood vessels and tiny muscle groups. The dilation of the underlying vessels pushes away toxins, while the cells enjoy a feast of increased nutrients and hydrating volume. This result is in an increase in blood circulation and cell renewal as well as increased production levels of collagen and elastin, which soften and smooth away wrinkles, reduce pore size and improve overall skin texture.
The application of high frequency current to the skin also promotes a natural cleansing and antibacterial action that helps treat existing acne and prevents the onset of new acne. Clients experiencing cystic acne will benefit greatly from the deep penetrating germicidal action of high frequency. The skin is left feeling instantly energized, rosy, firm, refreshed and noticeably softer – even after just one treatment. The enriched oxygen molecules produced by high frequency machines are safe and have been proven to be effective in helping to heal and restore the skin’s health.
Here at Norman & Philip we only use genuine Dermalogica, Genosys and Silhouette Dermalift skin care products.
You can choose to end your High Frequency session with LED light therapy to further enhance results.
The treatment is normally completed in 30-45 minutes.
Is High Frequency considered to be safe?
High frequency facials are considered a safe and gentle therapeutic approach to skin rejuvenation, however, the following contraindications should be noted:
- Avoid using aggressive AHA or glycolic acid products with high frequency as they can over-dry the skin, especially during the winter months.
- Avoid treating areas of broken capillaries, spider veins and rosacea as high frequency may exacerbate these conditions.
- Do not use if you are pregnant, have a pacemaker or history of heart disease.
- Avoid wearing metal jewellery during high frequency treatment to avoid risk of shock.
Is there any downtime involved?
Although the client should have no immediate after effects and can return to normal activities, they should look after the treated skin in the following way:
- Do not go in direct sunlight for 24-48 hours after the treatment
- Use SPF sun cream factor 30+ to protect the skin from UV rays
- Make-up can be applied within 8 hours
- Moisturize the skin frequently
- For 24-48 hours avoid very high temperatures including sauna, sunbed, hot baths or showers- use tepid water & pat dry without rubbing the skin
- A collagen mask at night can enhance the reduction of fine lines.
How many sessions are recommended?
High Frequency Facial can be safely performed weekly.
How much does it cost?
|High Frequency Facial||£45|
|High Frequency Facial + LED light therapy||£55|
Before and after