Microneedling – Dermapen
Micro-needling, is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, uses tiny needles to make micro-channels in the skin. This triggers the body’s natural healing process, stimulating collagen and elastin production. Additionally, once punctures are made, products applied topically (such as hyaluronic acid and vitamin C) are able to penetrate deeper into the skin in order to work more effectively.
The treatment helps to reduce the appearance of aging skin, acne, acne scarring, enlarged pores, pigmentation (age spots, sun damage, post acne blemishes) and stretch marks.
You may be aware of such methods of micro-needling such as derma roller? This is the same principle, except the Dermapen device can offer a more precise treatment and far more superior results.
Here at Norman & Philip we also offer advanced Micro needling treatments that may include mild chemical peel or/and LED Light Therapy.
What are the benefits of Micro-needling?
- Skin tightening, natural collagen induction, lifting and rejuvenation
- Healing acne scars and wounds
- Improving wrinkles and fine lines
- Minimizing hyperpigmentation (dark spots, age spots, sun damage)
- Brightening skin blemishes
- Open pore minimization
- Improving stretch marks
- Aiding penetration of treatment solutions
What does the treatment involve?
During the treatment, the practitioner gently moves the Microneedling device over the client’s skin to create micro- channels. The pierced epidermis rapidly heals in a matter of hours. Additionally, once punctures are made, products applied topically (such as hyaluronic acid and vitamin C) are able to penetrate deeper into the skin in order to work more effectively.
Here at Norman & Philip we only use genuine Dermalogica, Genosys and Silhouette Dermalift skin care products.
When combining Dermapen with chemical peel you are able to advance the outcome of your results.
You can choose to end your Dermapen session with LED light therapy (if treatment has been performed on the face) to further enhance results and reduce an immediate redness prior to you leaving the treatment room.
The treatment is normally completed in 45-60 minutes.
Is it safe?
Skin needling procedures are performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of the sterile needle head. The needle only penetrates through the epidermis and does not remove it thus the skin’s natural protective barrier remains intact.
Is there any downtime involved?
A sunburn-like effect is normal. Redness appears straight after the treatment and goes down within a few hours. The skin may feel a bit tight, dry, sensitive to touch and may flake a bit for the next 2 days. Wash face with gentle cleanser before bed and apply topical Hyaluronic acid serum. Keep applying Hyaluronic acid serum twice a day after cleansing (morning and evening) for the next 7 days following the treatment.
- No makeup should be worn for at least 12 hours following the treatment.
- Prevent intensive gym sessions, hot showers/sauna, swimming for 24 hours following the treatment.
- Do not use towels after washing an area due to possible bacterial contamination. Use paper tissues instead for the next 12 hours.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil for 1 week following the treatment. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- Do not use any anti-inflammatory products to soothe an area for the next 12 hours following the treatment as these agents will interact new cells production.
- Sun protection is vital and SPF 30+ is always recommended.
For 7 days after your treatment you should AVOID:
- Further exfoliating treatments (including, but not limited to Microdermabrasion, laser, IPL, chemical peels and injections)
- Fillers or Botox
- Tattooing of the treated area
- Spray or self-tanning
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs)
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Kojic or Azelaic acid
- Alcohol based products
Limit sun exposure as much as possible for 2-4 weeks following your treatment.
How many treatments are recommended?
This entirely depends on the skin concern being treated.
Results may be seen after just one Dermapen session, however, more may be required.
Generalised rejuvenation can be achieved in most cases in around 3 sessions. Conditions such as scarring or stretch marks may require a minimum of 6 sessions.
Initial results can be seen within 10 days, but will take a few weeks to see the full effect.
Therefore, skin needling is generally performed at approximately 4 weekly intervals.
How many sessions are recommended?
On average 6 sessions spaced 4 weeks between are recommended to achieve the best results.
How much does it cost?
|Treatment||1 treatment||3 treatments||6 treatments|
|Dermapen (face only)||£65||£175 (save £20)||£325 (save £65)|
|Dermapen (face & neck)||£75||£200 (save £25)||£375 (save £75)|
|Dermapen (face, neck & décolleté)||£85||£225 (save £30)||£425 (save £85)|
|Dermapen + chemical peel||£75||£200 (save £25)||£375 (save £75)|
|Dermapen + LED light therapy||£75||£200 (save £25)||£375 (save £75)|
|Dermapen+ Dermaplaning/Microdermabrasion||£85||£225 (save £30)||£425 (save £85)|
|Stretch marks (thighs or abdomen)||£125||£320 (save £55)||£625 (save £125)|
Buy a course of 6 treatments and receive the 6th session for FREE