Dermapen for Stretch Marks
Micro-needling, also called skin needling, is a non-surgical skin tightening treatment used for a number of common skin ailments, such as pigmentation issues, fine lines, acne scars, sagging skin, and yes… even those pesky stretch marks.
Microneedling have made the treatment quickly became one of the top choices for those hoping to obtain healthier, more youthful looking skin without having to go under the knife. Since it was discovered that Microneedling was also an excellent delivery system for other products, the process is typically coupled with other skincare creams or serums to further enhance the treatment’s rejuvenating abilities.
The lines that occur with stretch marks are often raised, hardened in texture and possess a different color pigmentation than the skin. The pigmentation of these lines can be light pink, grey or purple. Since Microneedling can fill in fine lines, smooth out uneven textures and reduce the discoloration that occurs with pigmentation issues – this treatment is definitely a great choice when looking for a simple and effective method of treating stretch marks.
Microneedling treatments can help you rid yourself of those baby battle scars and restore the self-confidence that may have taken a hit since that adorable bun came out of the oven. Additionally, because the treatment relies solely on the body’s natural healing mechanism, it is a perfectly safe way to treat stretch marks for nursing mothers.
What are the benefits of Microneedling-Dermapen?
- Skin tightening, natural collagen induction, lifting and rejuvenation
- Healing acne scars and wounds
- Improving wrinkles and fine lines
- Minimizing hyperpigmentation (dark spots, age spots, sun damage)
- Brightening skin blemishes
- Open pore minimisation
- Improving stretch marks
- Aiding penetration of treatment solutions
How does Microneedling-Dermapen work?
Microneedling utilizes the body’s natural healing process to help rejuvenate and improve the skin. During a treatment session, a handheld device containing fine needles, usually stainless-steel or ceramic needles, is gently pressed against the problem areas of the skin to create small areas of trauma that activate the body’s internal healing mechanism.
This mechanism works by encouraging a natural production of new collagen and elastin, which will, in turn, lead to improved skin elasticity and smoother, plumper looking skin.
Is Microneedling-Dermapen safe?
Skin needling procedures are performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of the sterile needle head. The needle only penetrates through the epidermis and does not remove it thus the skin’s natural protective barrier remains intact.
What can I expect?
Before the procedure, numbing cream is applied to the client’s skin to ensure a virtually painless experience. During the treatment, the practitioner gently moves the Microneedling device over the client’s skin to create micro- channels. The pierced epidermis rapidly heals in a matter of hours. After the procedure, the treated skin has the appearance of moderate sunburn, which improves over the next 24 to 48 hours.
Is there is any downtime involved?
A sunburn -like effect is normal. The skin will feel tight, dry, sensitive to touch and may flake a bit. Gently wash the treated area/areas with cool water using hands only and pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after treatment. Avoid going to the hot bath or shower for the next 12 hours. Redness or sensitivity might well be present. Some bruising may occur, mostly when treating deep stretch marks and may last up to 5-7 days. Swelling can last 2-4 days depending on how aggressive of a treatment you received.
How many sessions are recommended?
On average 3-6 sessions spaced 4-6 weeks between are recommended to achieve the best results.-
How much does it cost?
|Treatment||1 treatment||6 treatments|
|Microneedling for Stretch Marks (tummy or thighs)||£125||£625 (saves £125)|
Buy a course of 6 treatments and receive the 6th session for FREE
What are the pre-treatment instructions?
Microneedling-Dermapen pre-treatment instructions
- No Accutane for at least 6 months prior to the treatment.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil for 1 week prior to the treatment. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- Do not use Retin-A (or retinoids or similar vitamin A compounds) or other harsh/exfoliating products including all topical prescription acne medication for 72 hours before treatment
- Bruising may appear, mostly when working on deep stretch marks- avoid taking any blood thinning agents (Ibuprofen, Aspirin, fish oil, Omega 3, Vitamin E) for 1 week prior to the treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for 72 hours prior to treatment. No tanning or prolonged sun exposure for 2 weeks before treatment.
- Discontinue all use of antibiotics 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid waxing 48 hours prior to treatment.
- Exfoliate the area/areas with gentle body scrub 12-24 hours prior to the treatment.
NOTE: wear looser clothes over the area being treated when attending your appointment as an area may be sensitive and tender to touch straight after the treatment.
What are the post-treatment instructions?
Microneedling-Dermapen post-treatment instructions
- Apply hyaluronic acid serum/ cream twice a day for the next 7 days for optimum results.
- Do not use towels after washing an area due to possible bacterial contamination. Use paper tissues instead for the next 12 hours.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil for 1 week following the treatment. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- Do not use any anti-inflammatory products to soothe an area for the next 12 hours following the treatment as these agents will interact new cells production. You can use skin soothing products such as Aloe Vera or coconut oil only after 12 hours if the treated area still feels sensitive.
- Use Tylenol only as needed for any soreness.
For 7 days after your treatment you should AVOID:
- Intense Cardio/Exercise
- Tattooing of the treated area
- Hot showers/Sauna
- Spray or self-tanning
- Swimming in pool/jacuzzi/ocean
Limit sun exposure as much as possible for 2-4 weeks following your treatment.
Before and after